Who am I?
Being a creative has opened so many opportunities to be part of really great projects that have taken me to many places all over the world to work with other amazing creatives and clients in varying industries. Not one to back down from most outrageous projects, I managed to find my way into designing a world record setting lenticular wall during my time at Mario Barth’s Starlight Tattoo.
Since 2013, I’ve been at Seton Hall University where my knowledge and experience in UI & UX is utilized and constantly growing with every new project.
I’ve learned so much and have taken part in many projects I never thought I would’ve, thanks to my position, challenges and goals my time at SHU has presented me with.
My 20+ Year Work History
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces on a daily basis with “mobile first” in mind.
- Collaborate with management and web development team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final production as requested.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and management.
- Establish and promote responsive design guidelines, accessibility, best practices and standards.
- Design and develop templates for Content Management Systems, like Joomla and Drupal.
- Logo/ID Design.
- Redesign/update front-end design for customers.
- Design/Develop/Alter back-end/CMS to better suit the needs of the customers.
- Provide reports/analytics to compare and show progression in traffic and ease of use.
2012 – 2012
- Designed and developed new web layouts for the company’s 8 subsidiaries; Launch 3 Telecom, NMS Cards, VoIP Route Products, Lucent 5ESS, Lucent Gear, Lucent Cellular, Antenna Supply and Telco Scrap.
- Developed a new warehouse management system that connected all inventory to all 8 sites for ease of use, locate parts and management.
- Designed wireframes, site outlines and mock-ups for responsive web usage.
- Successfully implemented the design and guidelines for all advertising.
- Trained employees in proper use of all of our systems, products and marketing.
2006 – 2010
- Executed full scale restructuring of all web presence, print and digital media, product designs, store displays, packaging, labels and all social media interactions.
- Front and back-end development and design for all Mario Barth properties (SPECO, Starlight Tattoo, Intenze Products, etc…)
- Designed the largest lenticular wall for the grand opening of the Las Vegas location which was witnessed by the Guinness Book of World Records.
Web Development and Design
1999 – 2006
Everyone has their own workflow that works for them while mine is simply Research, Mock-Up, Create and Delivery.
- Research similar projects and realize the best course of action to better reach the final product.
- Mock-Up a simple grayscale version of the project that maps some of the functionality and ease of use.
- Create a functioning demo in order to show working progression and testing (a LOT of testing) until all of the dev work is ready for production.
- Delivery of the final project and have everyone involved in the project to run through it.